Friday, July 25, 2008

Proverb 23

Alright, so once again, time has went. I have good reason though. 1, my home computer has really been acting weird. I’m waiting for Verizon now to come by and fix it. 2 – I have been writing!! Finally, I have felt inspired and motivated to write. So everytime, I have gotten a chance to write these past 2 weeks, I have been dedicating it to the book.

My daily read: A few days ago, I came across a passage of scripture that really moved me. Proverbs 23: 15 and 16 NLT. It made me think of all the times when I struggled to do or say the right things, or did do or say the right thing, yet walked away from that encounter feeling like your words have fallen on deaf ears. I’ve often heard it said across the pulpit that the best recognition comes from God and that we shouldn’t look for it from people. In the flesh, I would think, that if we’re here on earth, working and doing for people, shouldn’t we recognize or display an act of appreciation of some sort when someone does or says something that would encourage and help develop us or even get us out of trouble? A thank you, a hug, a card, a monetary gift, or a verbal acknowledgement is what I would think would encourage the people that are doing and saying the right thing, to continue to do and say the right things. Whether it’s something that they practice regularly or not. That’s just me thinking.

I reflect on the opportunity I had with a young lady that had been attending church for a number of years but never made the commitment to join. She felt like she would now have to stop being a seat warmer and actually participate in various ministries. She just wanted to go for the sake of saying, I went. She didn’t even know the name of the church she was going to. After numerous small talks throughout the following months about church, this young lady committed to joining her church. One small step for mankind, one big step for the kingdom. Sometimes our talks were in open areas where other coworkers could here. As a result, another co-worker made the decision to find a new church where she felt comfortable and was learning. She opened herself to learning the walk of God with the Purpose Driven Life Book - By Rick Warren, which was overseen by 2 other coworkers and they began the Purpose Driven life study as well. All because I opened my mouth and spoke something good; something right. Ok, Proverbs 23: 15-16 states in the NLT, “ My child, if your heart is wise my own heart will rejoice! Everything in me will celebrate when you speak what is right.” Can you imagine that? God celebrating you because of something you said that is right? I found in family Bible study that, my ten year can imagine that. Do you think that God has celebrating over me over my coworkers? I pray that as His child, I have touched His heart with right words.


I think about the ways I celebrate God’s awesomeness. How when God does the amazing in my life and, my walk with Him, how I praise Him for that personal encounter. I cry, I scream, I jump, I lift my hands, I wave my hands, I jump up and down, I praise Him in a dance, and sing songs unto God. Then my thoughts went to, what if God celebrated me like that when I said something good; something right? I closed my eyes and tried to imagine what would God actually be doing or saying because of my actions. The very thought that I could touch the very heart of God to celebrate me brought me to tears. I can imagine God seeing us like a father sees his son make his first touchdown or a daughter graduate high school or college. The proud Pappa. It made me feel good. It made me want to say and do more of the right things. Not that I was running mad, but that scripture now, which I’ve read before, was brought to such light for me. It really touched me to know that God celebrates with every part of His inner being over the good, the right, that comes forth out of my mouth.

It is our purpose in life to bring others to Christ to begin with. To worship him is right, to praise Him is right, to bring others to Him is right. I pray that you are reading find it in your daily activities to say what is right so that God may celebrate you with everything in Him. That is a good feeling that no man can take away. It is such a great feeling to have. A feeling I want to never go away.
Speak that which is right. B' blessed!

1 comment:

Shanita Waters said...

Amen! As I read your post, I thought of the scripture Psalm 119:105 which reads:
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Becuase you read His word and it took residence in your heart, He showed you which direction to go, when to speak, what to speak it and in turn others saw the light and acted on it. I bless God for your obiedience.